Thursday, September 16, 2010

I've been talking about it for a while...

Hello. If you're reading this its because I asked you to.  Thanks for that.  I'm not sure if many people are interested in the music I'm listening to, but I have an ego and think that at least some people will find my opinions interesting.  There is a strong possibility that you will hate half of the shit I like... fine.  Half the shit you like sucks.

I'm doing this in hopes of sharing with you some music that you might not already be listening to and getting turned on to things that I haven't been interested in before.  I'm not going to be talking about super obscure shit, but stuff that I like and that I think more people would like if they had just heard it.  I am by no means in touch with the super underground world of indie music.  Most of what I listen to comes from my small network of friends, Sirius/XM, people I follow on Twitter, iTunes Genius, and Amazon recommendations.  This isn't going to be groundbreaking stuff, but will hopefully get you listening to more than just the shit they play on FM radio these days.

Music won't be all I talk about, but will be the primary focus.  I'm not totally sure where this will go. Hopefully you'll like it and come back more than once.

I'll be back next week with a full post, but in the meantime check out these 3 songs/videos that are getting heavy rotation in my life:

Pumped Up Kicks by Foster The People...  My brother turned me on to them and I scoffed at first.  Now that I've heard this a couple times I'm really digging it... Apparently this is the only song they have released so far, but I have a feeling they're going to pop if they keep dropping beats like this



In One Ear by Cage the Elephant: This song is off an album that came out in 2008 and this single was released this year. These guys really bring it.  I loved their first song "Ain't No Rest for the Wicked" and bought the album.  The whole thing is good, just has a good rocking feel to it.  They're opening for STP right now and I can't wait till their next album.



Paris (Oh La La) by Grace Potter and The Nocturnals. This chick belts it out and these guys remind me of The Black Crowes a little bit.  Amazon was running a special $2.99 download on this album, and it was an easy decision.  The album is great, a nice mix of rockers and country-ish tunes.  A great summer album that should be on everyone's iPod.

1 comment: