Thursday, October 7, 2010

LCD Soundsystem

I saw LCD Soundsystem a couple weeks ago in Montclair, NJ.  This is not groundbreaking news, but holy shit do they put on a good show!!! They played a lot of songs from their most recent album along with some of their more well known older stuff like "Daft Punk is Playing at My House" and "All My Friends".  They opened with my favorite song on the new album, Dance Yrself Clean, a slow building song that blows it out about half way through and then brings it back down at the end.  Their encore was another song that I was hoping they'd play called "Home".  Their music is very electronic and I was surprised at how well the musicians were able to make everything sound.  It was almost like listening to the albums jacked up to 11.  They actually mentioned that they'd never played Home or the opener live before but you would have never known it... they were all on point.  This is supposedly their last album and they won't be doing much more touring, but if you have the chance to see them, do it.  I've included their video for "All My Friends", one of their more well known tracks from the album Sound of Silver, as well as "Home" from their most recent album This is Happening.



No comments:

Post a Comment